miércoles, 14 de agosto de 2019

A beach review from a coastside girl






Imagen relacionada
Since I can remember my family lives in Cartagena, a little town near the coastside that in fact, has two beaches (Playa Chica and Playa Grande) So it is kinda ironic that my favourite beach is in Rocas de Santo Domingo, a town much farther away. 

Me liking that beach it´s mainly because of my family, they were the ones that liked to go to that beach on weekends and I ended up liking it,  specially since it was so fun growing up. I remember playing on the dunes of sand, and getting in the big puddles of water that formed between the rocks. Also, because we intentionally avoided the summer season, there was little to no one else around so it seemed to me as a child that that beach was like a secret place just for us.

But I would also go there on summer with my friends, that was a totally diferent experience!
We would get there so early just so we could enjoy all day swimming... and swimming on that beach was a real challenge due to the rough waves that would either throw us off, nearly drown us or literally makes us fall face first to the sand. But we always managed to, somehow stay alive (and frankly speaking, that was all part of the fun). 

The sad part of the story is that I would always come back home with sunburns (use sunblock kids!!) and I would spend the other half of the summer sleeping in weird positions to avoid toching them. 
I remember one year...it was the worse, I got a sunburn on my whole back, neck, chest and shoulders; that time my mother and I tried everything from tomato juice and milk to creams, aloe and pills to heal them...after some time they heal but i remember having to sleep sitting the firts couple of days.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

To fight a war

Ok bloggers, this is a long story so bear with me... I remember this time when I had to miss class because I was sick and unfortunatel...