miércoles, 28 de agosto de 2019

A Spooky tradition

Hi there!
As for today´s blog, I would like to rave about one of my favorite festivities, and I´m not talking about the incoming 18, no… I´m talking about “Halloween”.

I remember since I was a child I liked the idea of Halloween, both for the free candy and for the costumes, I was always craving for that spooky time; I remember that when I was little my mother would arrange a whole party for me and my cousins who were always there for the holyday.
As we grew, my cousins stopped coming for the weekend and I started to invite my friends, which without knowing, started some sort of tradition, in which we would take turns to host this “Halloween party” and the rest of the group would drop by there at night on costume and ready for a night of movies and pizzas. And every year I putted so much effort into my costumes, for me it was a new challenge every time, to do make-up, props, get the clothes; It´s definitely my favorite part (but not every year I´m happy with the result).
Things got even bigger when we met a friend that had his birthday on oct 27th, so now it was kind of a “Halloween theme birthday” of 15 people or so. That year he invited us to his aunt´s Pub where we could watch movies on a screen and play pool.

This year is my turn to host the party, it´s been a few years since I last hosted it and I´m nervous but also really excited for what it can be!

1 comentario:

To fight a war

Ok bloggers, this is a long story so bear with me... I remember this time when I had to miss class because I was sick and unfortunatel...